Why Health Coaching Works
We help clients adopt healthy lifestyle behaviors by recognizing the innate wisdom and healing potential within you. By partnering with you in achieving your personal goals to improve your health and wellness, we meet you on your journey, without judgment. By focusing on self-care and self-empowerment, we enter each encounter as a facilitator. We honor that YOU are the expert on YOU.
What do we focus on in Integrative Health Coaching session?
During the coaching session, we will work together to articulate:
- Your Vision – What is most important to you in life and how your health and well-being will help you achieve your vision
- Your Values – What do you stand for and what’s important to you
- Your Assessment – The core areas that affect your health and wellbeing – how you would rate them currently and which areas need more attention than others.
- Your Focus and Readiness – What is the most important area of your health and well-being become your focus for the coaching process.
- Your Goals – Specific, measurable goals to improve your health and wellbeing that get you closer to your vision.
- Your Action Steps – Specific, detailed action steps to achieve your goal.
Additionally, we will discuss what may support you in completing your action steps, establish timelines, accountability strategies, and anticipate possible challenges. Together we break down barriers – some of which you may not even be aware of.
Why Does Health Coaching Work?
We provide a safe, intimate and confidential environment for you to dig deep and open yourself up. We are your biggest fan, strongest advocate and are compassionate throughout your journey.
We use an approach to health coaching that includes clinically validated techniques in motivational interviewing and positive psychology, layered in mindful awareness. This approach, used at Duke Integrative Medicine has the ability to address multiple behaviors, health risks, and illness self-management. In many studies, individuals participating in health coaching showed significant improvement in physical and mental health status.
Coaching works with the whole person – addressing all core areas that influence your health and wellbeing. You are in charge of your health and wellbeing – coaches ask powerful questions and facilitate the process to maximize your potential for success. You and your coach partner identify and articulate your goals and the actions to achieve them. Coaches have wealth of knowledge in lifestyle and integrative approaches for optimal health and wellbeing.
We’d Be Honored to Get to Know You.
If you are interested in learning how coaching can help you, please contact us for a complimentary session so we can get to know you.
(Ref: http://psycnet.apa.org/journals/ocp/11/4/358/, http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/article-abstract/1106048, Process credited to Duke Integrative Medicine.)